Khodā Āfarin Bridge
The Khodā Āfarin bridge (consisting of two separate bridges) is located near the dam in the village of "Sāri Jālu" in the Khodā Āfarin area (eastern Azerbāijān region) and its construction is attributed to the Seljuk and Safavid period.
The bridge, which was built on the river Aras, consists of two independent bridges a few hundred meters from each other; some parts of one of them are broken while the other bridge has remained intact.
These bridges differ from one another from an engineering and architectural point of view. One of the two has 11 spans, 12 meters in height and 130 in length and is made of white polished stone with gypsum and lime mortar, while the other has 15 spans, it is 16 meters long and 4 wide / 5, is made of pebbles and remains of stones in the foundations, in bricks in the construction of arches and lime and gypsum mortar with special breakwaters.
The bridge Khodā Āfarin from the past until today has taken several names such as: Sirus Bridge in honor of the name of Cyrus, bridge Jalāl Al-Din Malekshāh and Hasrat bridge (Hasrat Kurpusu).
Almost a third of the oldest bridge in the year 1828, after the agreement Torkman Chai was detonated in the part connected to the two banks.