municipal building

municipal building

The municipal building of Tabriz is located in the city of the same name (eastern Azerbaijani region) and its construction as an administrative office and place of settlement of the municipality dates back to the period of the first Pahlavi, between the 1314 and 1318 years of the solar Hegira.

The municipal palace of Tabriz or clock tower, which was built on three floors in the place of an abandoned cemetery, is today located in the town square (clock) that people call "Sahat-e Qabaghi" (opposite the clock).

This building has a clock tower with a four-sided face about 30 meters high in its upper part that each 15 minutes announces the passage of time with a toll. The external façade, similar to the drawing of an eagle in flight, of carved stone and with parts of brick combined with stone and brick walls, an entrance for ceremonies and some normal entrances, is located in the middle of a large area where flowers and trees have been planted.

Today the palace of the municipality of Tabriz, in addition to being the residence of the Islamic council of the city and the place where some official and diplomatic meetings are held with the high offices, has been used as a museum of the city and the municipality. find different rooms such as those of ancient cameras, the sacred defense, printing and publishing, the carpet, contemporary arts, calligraphy, philosophy and some other room.